Tuesday, September 9, 2008

August $ Update

It will be nice when I can report that our accounts actually made money during the month! Thankfully, everything is still at least positive...but only because of our contributions. I have to figure out a better way of reporting this stuff. Anyway, our net worth is up about 1.5% for the month again all of that is from contributions.

Some how we managed to be way under budget this month. It helps that my wife had some overtime and an extra paycheck in August. Our gas bill (for the cars) went down a bunch thanks to the recent price drop at the pump. Don't get me wrong, I'm still for higher gas prices, but I won't complain when I've got extra cash.

This is especially true now that it seems every other bill is going through the roof. Last week I paid our Verizon bill which went up 17% in one month. We didn't add any extras or have any sort of limited time offer that expired. I have not called to complain or at least find an answer to the increased cost, but I will be soon. The only reason I haven't is because I love our Verizon service...and they just added a bunch of HD channels for me : ) I probably should cancel the cable all together, but for now I can afford it and there's just nothing that beats coming home to watch Barefoot Contessa in HD!!

No comments: