Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On the subject of Politics

Let's start with this. I dislike politics. The main reason for this? Cause I think I'm right and am unlikely to waiver in my opinion. But I also don't like to get into (what I deem to be silly) discussions over one canidates choice on one topic...because in most cases a) the canidate will not actually do anything about that topic once elected or b) will change their position at some point in time to suite themselves.

The one thing I really don't understand and really grates my nerves is why is it national news when a celebrity chooses a side? Is America that obsessed with celebrity status that we actually care what these people (who CLEARLY are not like a typical American) think about politics? Seriously people, CNN does NOT need to post an article on their website about Lindsey Lohan's dislike for Palin. Especially when a few months ago it was a headline about her latest run-in with the law and stint in re-hab. Although, I guess I shouldn't complain too much because in reality that sort of gives me an inclination to vote for McCain!

No comments: