Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ROAD TRIP

Once a year or so we get a group of friends together and drive south. This typically involves a VT football game. Since we've been in Richmond, we tend to wait til the end of the year to go to the ACC championship or the bowl game. Good times always insue. Our good friend Emily is always present...usually in the middle seat of my car, with Roshan and Larissa on each side. The ackward fifth person is usually a guy...which means he gets to ride shot gun. Don't ask why that is the case, I don't have any idea.

This year will be a little different. Silly Emily is moving to LA this week. So instead of us driving to Atlanta or Jacksonville this year, we're heading west. Yup, that's right. In two days I get to sit in the car FOR THREE DAYS STRAIGHT. I'm excited about making the whirlwind trip, but anxious about how my ADD will set in somewhere in Tennessee...and not go away until we reach Pasadena.

I'm going to try and take some pics on the way out there...all 2,600 miles of it...but don't look forward to any postings until next week. We're doing 12 hour days driving...first night an hour west of Little Rock and then Albequerque! Then I have 24 hours in LA to help Emily find a sweet new ride before I board my red eye flight back east.

If all goes well, Roshan and I will plan a similar trip (with a few more stops in between) next year.


View Larger Map

No comments: