Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No Postings?

Well it's been a couple of very busy weeks for us and I haven't had a lot of time to get the rambling thoughts down. A good friend of ours is getting ready to move to LA (more on that soon) so we've been trying to help her pack, clean, move, etc. We've been in our house for two and a half years now and I cannot imagine if we decided to move today. It's amazing to think about the amount of stuff two people can accumulate in such a short period of time! And we're not even pack rats!

Then we made the mistake of going out and looking at houses. WHY DO WE DO THIS TO OURSELVES? I grew up in the country (as in cow farm across the street, tobacco and corn down the road a bit)...so as much as I wanted to get out of there after high school, I find myself wanting to move out to the country...where you don't have to build a fish pond to mask the sound of the interstate...or want to shoot your neighbors dogs because they enjoy yapping at your dogs. Don't worry, we're not moving. But that doesn't stop us from looking. We're at the point now where we need to actually do maintence to our house. Nothing is broken, but we haven't stayed in one place long enough to think about things like power washing the siding, getting the ac vents cleaned, hiring someone to look at the furnace once a year, etc. Unless I win the mega millions this week! Then we're off to Goochland where I can have a basement and a riding lawn mower!

No comments: