Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Finally FRIDAY!

Yesterday was a LONG day. I had the opportunity to travel up to DC for the day to participate in a field test for the certification exam (read: 10 hours of grueling nightmarish testing) I took a few years back. It turned out to be a really cool experience and got me a little more excited about the field I'm in and think possibly about alternative career paths that would still allow me to use my skillz. That's right, with a z. It was also fun to get to see some sights (albeit from the car) of downtown DC. But boy did it remind me of why we don't live in that area anymore. Traffic is just a nightmare!! I am looking forward to a roadtrip (or possibly a train trip if I can convince my wife to get on the Amtrak) to visit some good friends of ours that recently moved up there.

On a crappier note, it's been a rough morning so far. I pulled into the garage this morning admiring the sweet Audi A8 in front of me. Then I think to myself, wow that guy's got it together, sweet ride, impecable suit, fairly distinguished looking...then he slammed the door in my face...twice. I work downtown and park in an ancient garage, whose doors slam shut. So the nice gentlemen decided it was beneath him to hold the door open for the five seconds til I got to it. People, I'm not a small person, he saw me. Further confirmed that the bankers downtown are not nice people and they all hate their jobs worse then I do! Also makes me want to go pee on his car ;-)

No comments: