Friday, May 9, 2008

Lack of Sleep

I love spring. It comes second to only fall (which has birthdays and Hokie football). Spring hates me. For the past month I have been sucking down any and all medication to try and alleviate the constant sinus headache, sneezing, itchy eyes, etc that lovely spring brings. Of course being the stubborn mule (or maybe just male?) that I am, I refuse to stop driving home from work with all the windows down and sunroof open, stop doing yardwork when everything has a greenish-yellow haze to it, or really do anything at all that the nice allergy doc told me to stop doing years ago. One day I will give in...

The other part of spring that I have a love/hate relationship with are thunderstorms. I love the smell in the air after a good storm has passed through. And more lately it means less days I have to spend watering everything in our yard...to which the county dislikes because I think they thoroughly enjoyed sending me those water bills last year. Since Phoebe came into our lives three years ago, thunderstorms have taken on a new meaning. Thunderstorms now mean we have a manic hyperactive poodle mix clawing at anything or everything that might help give her comfort. Last night we had thunderstorms throughout the night. Which meant Phoebe got locked in her crate (don't judge, it was NECESSARY!). The first few hours she clawed at the wall under our bed. Then tried to sleep on our heads. Poor little thing just doesn't like storms. I blame Fourth of July 2005...one day I'll share that story!

So here we are with a lack of sleep and some random ramblings to kick off this Friday morning...as the rain starts up again.

No comments: