Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fish Pond


For the past few weeks I have been working on putting a fish pond in our back yard. This has been a lofty dream of mine for some time now. Before now we haven't stayed put in one place long enough to warrant the expense of a project like this.

As you can see, the pond is still not complete, but it is looking like a pond! I decided to pour concrete for the pond instead of using a preformed pond or a pond liner. There were many reasons for this and while I am very pleased with the result, next time I'll use a plastic liner instead! It took 12 bags of 80lb concrete to make this small pond...all mixed by hand in a bucket. Needless to say, my back was sore for a few days!

Hopefully next week this little project will be complete...after the waterfall is installed, concrete sealed, and plants planted. Phoebe can't wait until she can play with the fishies!!

No comments: