Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tobacco...the root of some evil

We all know what the real root of ALL evil is, but I don't want to get into too much trouble...

Anyway, on the drive home this afternoon there was a lovely Lexus in front of me with a distinguished looking gentlemen smoking a pipe. Since the weather was amazing today, I had the windows down and sunroof open. Which then lead to the wonderful smell of sweet pipe tobacco to enter my car. Then that small patch in my brain that thrives on nicotine kicked in and said YOU MUST HAVE SOME OF THAT RIGHT NOW.

Before I get hate mail, rest assured, I don't smoke. I did on occassion during high school and college, but those days are long gone...thank goodness too because they usually also included a natty light. I had high standards ;-) After becoming a Christian, I have on occassion enjoyed some cigars. But its been years since my last one...thanks to my one 'smoking' friend moving far far away (which I believe was a plot by our wives to seperate us due to our inclination for cigars and breakfast at Bob Evans...and the Baptist church).

Anyone up for a cigar night??

No comments: